Vs2005 Ide

eddykuan

Programming Experience
1-3
hi all,

im a newbie here... hope would able to get some advice here from nice and kind moderators and forumers here...

previously i've use visual studio .net 2003 to develop application. currently have change my development in windows based application in c sharp using visual studio .net 2005.

comparing both, the latest is more powerfull and fantastic. however, on the performance wise, the 2005 version i think is lack far from behind. the problem im facing is so obvious especially when changing the from the code view to the designer view. then when debugging the application, it will takes alotof time compare with the previous version.

i hope that some of the nice and kind moderator or anyone in this forum can give some suggestion or workaround on the problem im facing now with the new IDE. and also those who face the same problem with this IDE, can please share with us your current situation.

thousand thanks in advance...

eddykuan :)

Can we know your configuration please (processor and RAM memory) ???
Btw, that's true that vs 2005 is slower than vs 2003. But i can live with that as it brought a lot improvments and new features. Actually, the main problem is that a LOT of Visual Studio 2005 has been rewritten from C++ to .NET. It seems like a horrible decision by the VS.NET 2005 team. Right?
Anyway if you have good workstation you should not suffer that much. Also there are couple/few tweaks for the IDE performance and you can find them by search google.

Regards ;)

hi kulrom,

here's my system configuration.

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name XXXX
System Manufacturer ATI___
System Model AWRDACPI
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 9 GenuineIntel ~2801 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date Award BIOS for Intel GC11010N.86A.0303.2005.1108.2057, 08/11/2005
SMBIOS Version 2.3
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)"
User Name XXXX\xxxx
Time Zone Malay Peninsula Standard Time
Total Physical Memory 512.00 MB
Available Physical Memory 67.89 MB
Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB
Page File Space 1.03 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

thanx for your comment, im not expecting the latest version to be the greatest of all since it's been rewritten from C++ to .NET, but really hoping that it will improve my productivity and obtain faster results as claim by microsoft.

anyway, thanks again for your kind reply.

eddykuan

One of machines is pretty same with your one except i am never using ATI graphics and also that machine has 1GB RAM (kingstone). Processor is even slower P4 2.4 GHz ... lol
But again i am ok with the running time ... look, maybe you wait a bit more but for that you get a lot more. If you want something that run faster than you can always back to VB6 which was fastest of all version that is absolutelly not resonable. But, trust me when you finish learning the advanced stuff and actually understand it, you'll be glad that you have choosen this IDE version. Oh baby, It is fantastic.

thanx again here...

will try to upgrade my system to see how it perform... oso will try some of the tweak from the net... and finally will oso try learn some great advance features offer by VS2005...

thanx... ;)

hi kulrom,

just recently found out one great feature in vs2005, the enhanced intellisence.

im using the previous vs2003 version on another system to prepare for my MCAD exams next month and found out the intellisense on that version is not as inteligent as the 2005 version.

huh hopefully will able to get to know more advance feature in the 2005 version.

all the best k.

cheers,
eddykuan

Back