Vs 2005 ASP.net 2.0 sql server 2000 connection problem

fullyii

Programming Experience
1-3
I created an application locally on my pc. I have no problem connecting to a sql server 2000 database that is located on a seperate server.

I setup users, roles, rules via security configuration tool. All related information is corrrectly stored in the sql server 2000 database.

I run the application locally and everything works great.

I then copied the website to the development web server and I am able to open the login page but when I go to enter username and password it cannot find the database.

error message

Server Error in '/facilitatortracker' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified)

<connectionStrings>
<add name="TrainingDevConnectionString" connectionString="Data Source=CR2CONMSQAA\CSE2INST01,1387;Initial Catalog=TrainingDev;User ID=trainingdev_pass;Password=sql;connect timeout=120;"
providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />
</connectionStrings>

What do I need to do to get the application to work on the dev server?
If you need anymore information please lert me know.

Back