Question Visual studio c++ to vb2010?

oriax123

Programming Experience
Beginner
Is there a way to use or convert a visual studio c++ project to be used in visual basic express 2010? I wanted to play with Chromium Embedded Framework aka CEF but its for vsc++.

I don't know about the Chromium Embedded Framework, but C++ has access to low-level "unsafe" code (including some APIs) which is not available in VB. VB strictly uses only safe code within the .NET framework.

I found a c# version of the CEF and converted to vbnet, the cefwebbrowser was added to the form but i have no clue how to have it navigate as its different that other browsers ive used before.

for example on other browsers itll be like

VB.NET:
webkitbrowser1.navigate("http://www.google.com") ' or textbox1.text ect

'while cefwebbrowser is like

cefwebbrowser1. 'i dont know lol there are several options like loadurl , starturl, address, site, ect but couldnt get any to run without errors :/

can you help?

I don't know about the Chromium Embedded Framework, but C++ has access to low-level "unsafe" code (including some APIs) which is not available in VB. VB strictly uses only safe code within the .NET framework.

It's kind of off topic, but this is rubish. You can call Win32 API code and unsafe code from .Net.

Back