VB.net 2003 standard vs. VB.net 2005 Express

Trubble

Programming Experience
5-10
Could someone who is familiar with VB.net versioning, please inform me as to which version would be the more robust software developement platform.

I have acquired a full version of VB.net 2003 and Visual studio 2003 through the VB at the movies promotion.

I have a feeling that since the new 2005 express edition is a scaled down version, that my 2003 might be the better choice of the two to use.

If anyone knows otherwise please let me know.

thankyou

As Microsoft Delays Visual Studio 2005 Yet Again (maybe this is 5th, 6th time so far) we still cannot predict how it will look like in final version. I claim from that we know that it must be much better TOOLS COLLECTION (IDE) than every other used for the same purpose.

The Express family is really promising, especially if it will be a sensible low cost (very low, otherwise it could be a non-sense thing to buy it). For instance Visual Studio 2005 Standard Edition will cost only $299; and $199 for the upgrade version.

So finally I will be very suprised if they keep promise for just once, unfortunately, they broke their promise every time without an exception but if they do that i bet we gonna win all what we need (a tool much, much better than vs.NET 2003). Much, much cleaner code behind, new features, kernel level device support and much more ... all that has gotten much better with VS 2005.

So, let's wait and see till the whole picture is clear.

Cheers ;)

Last edited:
Since my 2003 is a full functioning standard edition with no expiration date. I do not plan on spending any more money on a full new version or an upgrade.

I was just trying to find out if the 2005 express edition has more features than a full version of 2003.

Basically the major differences between 2003 standard and 2005 express.

Sorry for the confusion.

Back