Urgent - misaligned punctuation

dreamtime

Programming Experience
1-3
*Resolved* Urgent - misaligned punctuation

Has anyone ever come across misaligned punctuation? In a report template, I have a large text box with a field from a database. All my other reports work fine (although the boxes are a lot smaller). When I print this report, the punctuation is moved to the left and sometimes obscured by the previous word so it appears that there is no full stop.

If I print using the report viewer, this seems to be resolved. But if I use the printtoprinter method, the punctuation is off.

Any help would be appreciated as I am in the middle of printing these reports!!!

Last edited:
Well, first be sure that you have updated / verified Db since last changes of db structure (if you added or deleted some fields from there) ... also, it is possible that margins caused certain bug ... right click on report select Designer > Page Setup > then adjust the margins ...
Otherwise i don't know what can be ... :(

Cheers ;)

Kulrom,

Thank you for your reply. I am beginning to get frustrated as I have tried practically everything. I have not tried the margins though, so I will try that now.

I have remade the templates, put the field into a text box, tried different fonts, different printers, different box sizes, different versions of usp10.dll (I used to have some odd problems before with punctuation - full stops moving down lines!), I have verified the database. What would be useful in this instance would be to some how get access to the crystal viewer print dialog in code and use that instead.

What is strange is that it is just a simple text box and database connection. Nothing unusual although I am printing to A5 (which I set in the code) - this works on all my other templates. Next on the list is to remove all bmp's and other objects to see if this has an effect.

No - unfortunately that didn't work.

I got excited for a minute as your suggestion highlighted that the 'printer setup' had a printer set, so I ticked 'no printer' but it still didn't work.

I am not sure how I am going to resolve this one. I have a few more things to test now, such as ditching the print dialog in favour of a drop down box (getting rid of the printdocument object).

Thanks again.

I have made the discovery that it seems to be a problem with HP printers. Having tried it through a Samsung colour laser, I can now assume it must be a driver issue. What, how or why is beyond me.

***Resolution***
It appears that the problem occured whilst printing over the network to a number of different HP printers. When I connected locally the problem dissapeared. I am going with the assumption that the generic drivers for the network printer that installed in Windows 2003 server are causing the problem whilst the generic drivers installed for the local printer with Window XP sp2 work fine.

Last edited:
Back