Urgent ! - How to Run a Program from another computer

shivakanth

Programming Experience
3-5

I have developed an application which runs very fine on my computer.
On my office LAN I have a requirement where in we would place a shortcut of this application on all the computers and when users double click on it they should be able to launch and use my application.
However when users double click on the shortcut, they get an error message saying "The Application attempted to perform an operation not allowed by the security policy. The operation required the security exception. To grant the application to the required permission please contact your system administrator or use the Microsoft .net security policy administration tool.
If you click continue the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click quit the application will be shutdown immediately"

When users click on Quit the applications obviously closes and when they click on continue the window gets a balloon saying "The application is running in a partially trusted context. Some functionality in the application may be disabled may be due to security restrictions"

Please advice as in what could I do to resolve this

Cheers!

Well, you need to ask yourself a few questions. Is the application attempting to access a local directory/file on each compueter? Is it attempting to access a shared resource such as a database, or file on a network location? Should you look at adding a security policy in the program that will allow these sorts of actions, or should you change the complete Intranet Security Policy accross the enterprise?

Security in .NET is new a difficult thing to wrap your head around at first, but as time passes you will learn to deal with these issues.

Do some searches on Security in .NET and you will find many resources on what you are facing.

Thank you for the quick response
I want the application to run from the actual location where its residing.
I just place a shortcut on the target computer which should be able to run the application. Yes it would access the database which is on the actual system
Looking at the error message i actually figured out that its something to do with .net security. But wondering where i could get best help on it

Back