Question Update Software

arashroshan

Programming Experience
5-10
Hello
i want to create an update for my Program , but i want to update only a part of it ? i mean my program has 4 forms and i want to update and change only form1 .(i hope you understand what i mean)

i searched the internet but i found only source codes that download ALL program from internet and replace it with original program .

i want to know , is it possible ? if yes , How ?

When you Publish an application Visual Studio is taking all of your easy to read, designer based code and user elements and compiling them into an executable. That executable is, for all intents and purposes, a closed book - there is no way to access individual elements of that compiled code (unless of course you have specifically coded your app to allow access).

A question for you - why would you need to update an individual form?

thanks , because if you create a big software (100 Mb) and every time you download all program for update , 1 . takes too time , 2. every one cannot download this amount of data , then no one will update your program .

Good point on the actual file sizes... actually, clickonce deployment might do a partial update of only changed aspects of a project, but don't quote me on that ;)

Google "clickonce deployment" and you should get your answer.

Latest posts

Back