Up and down arrow keys on button component

manasi

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hi All !

Well, thanks for the responses received from you. !!
I hope for this new query too , you will surely help me out.

I am working on button component, and I would like to get up and down arrow keys on the button, and on the click event of these arrow keys, proposed functionality in the form can be done further.

I would really appreciate the responses !! :)

Thanks,
Manasi

Customized Button Component. (Up and Down Arrow on Button Component)

Hi !

I welcome the comment from the experts' end !

Let me elaborate my query more specifically.

I am new to VB.NET. I want the BUTTON COMPONENT customized with UP
AND DOWN ARROW MARKS so that I can
avail the drop down (contents) functionality on the click of that down-
arrow on the button. And vice-versa on the up-
arrow on the same button.

So how to customize this button to get this functionality over it ????

I would really appreciate fthe responses .

Thanks,
Manasi

I'm not completely sure what your asking. To clarfiy, you want a button control that acts and behaves just like a button, but with the added functionality of a combobox drop down?

manasi, thanks for the PM, but i would have responded on the forums anyway. You asked me for a customised Button control with a dropdown section you can add controls to. Well here it is, i haven't done much with the graphics on the button or the drop down menu. I'll leave that bit up to you. It's about 12:30 am and i've only just finished it, so sorry for the complete lack of commenting. However the implementation is fairly simple so it shouldn't take long to work out. I actually quite enjoyed making this.:) Hope this is what you wanted....

EDIT: Just noticed that you are on .Net 2.0 hope it upgrades ok.

Attachments

• ButtonDropDown.zip
    8 KB · Views: 446
Last edited:
Hello (vis781) !!!

I really appreciate the code you had posted !!!
I am working over it and by creating customized button control, modifying it as per the need, I hope it would surely work out.

Thanks a lot.:)

Manasi

I have tried my best to use this example, but i can't seem to get a control to show up on the dropdown form...anyone have any suggestions?

Back