unable to load a disposed form

tommybeer

Programming Experience
Beginner
hello,

i've got a splash form, withouth any buttons.
when the opacity becomes 100, it has to close and another form, has to be opened, how is this possible?
anything i try turns out with this stupid error

thx in advance

tom

Recently I did a similar thing for this forum and it was attached on my server for one week ... I removed it but i could attach it again if you want to take a look of ...

btw, i will make a tutorial on this subject right after we get code bank section ...

Meanwhile, my advice to you is to check opacity and if it's 100% then simply close it:

VB.NET:
[size=2][color=#0000ff]If[/color][/size][size=2] [/size][size=2][color=#0000ff]Me[/color][/size][size=2].Opacity = 1 [/size][size=2][color=#0000ff]Then

[/color][/size][size=2][/size][size=2][color=#0000ff]Dim[/color][/size][size=2] frm2 [/size][size=2][color=#0000ff]As[/color][/size][size=2] [/size][size=2][color=#0000ff]New[/color][/size][size=2] Form2

frm2.Show()

[/size][size=2][color=#0000ff]Me[/color][/size][size=2].Close()

[/size][size=2][color=#0000ff]End[/color][/size][size=2] [/size][size=2][color=#0000ff]If[/color][/size]
[size=2][color=#0000ff][/color][/size] 
[size=2][color=#0000ff]
[/color][/size]

Cheers ;)

it is getting the disposed error

because you r using ME. when actually the ME. isnt pointed at the form that should be closed.

in theory you should first do me.close and afterwards do frm2.show,

but when you do that, frm2 won't be shown, because the code isn't executed anymore, because that first form is already closed

greetz
tom
ps : maybe you speak dutch?

Hi Tom,

Well, first off, I do not speak Dutch (even though I took
few months of it in course). Bit i would like ... truly :)

Ok, just for your theory take a look at this very simple project that demonstrates how to open new form through another one ... http://www.vbdotnetforums.com/showthread.php?t=3002

I hope you'll get some use out of it ... otherwise, as i told you i could upload the real world splash screen application ones again ... Cheers ;)

in attachement there is a zip file, with the 2 files in.
could you please give it a look?

because it still wont work

greetz

Attachments

• Eures V1.1.zip
    3.2 KB · Views: 26
Back