Question How to create a account recovery form?

Seirlin69

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hello!

As you may notice i'm new here:anonymous: so i maybe a little simple in coding but i manage.

Ok, let's go!

I've made a Sales and Inventory system that has multiple database / MS access connection. I've finished all of the forms except for 1 function that is the account recovery form which handles the password, username and in most cases both recovery in the system needs to at least have a given info such as if you've forgotten your Username, the system will ask for your password along with the security code, it's vice versa if you've forgotten your password and both if you've forgotten your account at all. This system is connected to the Staff database.

Now here's the problem, i don't know how to code the form itself since i've been out busy with life and have little time to practice my programming that resulted in me forgetting some codes etc.

my hunch is i need to use this code for the some of the fields to work

Dim conn As New OleDbConnection
Dim conncmd As New OleDbCommand

conn.ConnectionString = "Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;Data Source=C:\Users\Owner\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\SIS\SIS\Staff.accdb"
Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
If TextBox1.Text = Nothing Then
MsgBox("Please insert Staff ID ", vbCritical + vbMsgBoxRight, " Error ")
TextBox1.Focus()

End If
Exit Sub
End Sub

after that that's it, my brain is totally wiped on my knowledge when it comes to Vb.net.

Code doesn't just materialise out of thin air. Code actually performs a task so you need to have a clear idea of what that task is first. What EXACTLY do you want this form to do, i.e. break it down into small steps and then look at writing code for each individual step. If you haven't taken the time to consider exactly what the code will do then why you be surprised that you don't know how to write it?

Back