Unable to connect to web service using pocket pc

jazzyv

Programming Experience
1-3
Hi,
I know this issue has been posted many a times but I am unable to find a solution. I am working on a Pocket PC 2003 emulator in VS 2005 .net to connect to a web service
http://COMP1561/hello/Service.asmx
where COMP1561 is my PC name in the network where the IIS has been Installed. I Have also tried it using the IP address instead of computer name but still no results, i still get the Following error
A first chance exception of type 'System.Net.WebException' occurred in System.dll
A first chance exception of type 'System.Net.WebException' occurred in System.Web.Services.dll

A first chance exception of type 'System.Net.Sockets.SocketException' occurred in System.dll

A first chance exception of type 'System.Net.Sockets.SocketException' occurred in System.dll

and the emulator shows Could not Establish Connection to the Network. The service works fine when i am using the Internet Explorer or some other application with the same address. Please provide some help on this issue maybe some emulator configuration settings or some other solutions.

Thanks for the reply, I have tried using the browser in the emulator but of no use the emulator browser also does not connect to any local or outside address it says no network or modem device found. Has it do with the settings in the emulator

if your pc has a network connection then the emulator should have one too.
The only thing is im still on VS 2003 and havent used 2005 so i havent tried it yet

Back