trying to add font to 101 examples (using Sockets)

aditya12c

Programming Experience
Beginner
hi i have 101 code examples (Advanced .NET Framework (Networking) - Use Sockets), its client server based application

in which i was learning to add font and color to the textbox and when clicked on send should be displyed in main textbox as well to all the user..
please tell me how to do it

i tried to add font and color to the txtSend.text but when i click on send only text goes but not color and font

I have attached (Advanced .NET Framework (Networking) - Use Sockets) of 101 Examples... with the post..
Please help

Thanks

Attachments

• Advanced .NET Framework (Networking) - Use Sockets.zip
    177.5 KB · Views: 25
If you want to send text with different formatting you have to also send information about this formatting that the receiver can use to display the text as requested.

I was just thinking, if you enter and format text in a RichTextBox, you could just send the already formatted rtf codes from the RTB.rtf property... but you would also have to apply some more care to handle the rtf codes that span several lines even if plain text is only one word (one tip is to remove all 'vbCrLf's in the rtf code to transfer it in one line)

Back