Tooltip in checkbox not showing properly

borris83

Programming Experience
Beginner
I added a tooltip control in my form and set a tooltip for a checkbox.

The tooltip shows fine until I check the checkbox... If I check the checkbox once and uncheck it, the tooltip never shows up when I hover the mouse over it...

How to make the tooltip to show on mousehover no matter the checkbox is clicked or not?

I tested what you describe, but can't see the problem, the tooltip show for each time the control is hovered here. Hovering is a once-only event though, like mousedown and mouseup, you have to leave the control and enter again to get a new hover and tooltip is diaplayed again. Is this what you mean?

Works for me, I used:

VB.NET:
 Private Sub CheckBox1_MouseHover(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles CheckBox1.MouseHover
        ToolTip1.Show("test", CheckBox1, 100000)
    End Sub

Private Sub CheckBox1_MouseLeave(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles CheckBox1.MouseLeave
        ToolTip1.Hide(CheckBox1)
    End Sub

I actually went to the properties window for checkbox1 and in 'Tooltip on Tooltip1' I added my tooltip...

And it works as many times as I hover the mouse over the checkbox before I check it. If I check the checkbox once, then the tooltip never comes

I just noticed one more thing. I actually have two checkboxes and tooltip has been set only for one checkbox..

But If I set the tooltips for both the check boxes, then it works fine...

Last edited:
Back