Question to use databases

Filledvoid

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hello all,
I have been recently studying a bit of Visual Basic for a bit of time and I have reached a point where I'm starting to learn how to use databases. Would there be an example I could use with Visual Basic.NET for learning purposes. I have been using this resource so far . Would like just practice to do some basic operations like adding, editing, deleting in a database. Also is it ideal to just use the database wizard than rather doing everything manually itself?

Thanks in advance .

You might take a look here:

Data Walkthroughs

As for what data access technology to use, the choice is yours. They can all get the job done. One positive aspect of writing all your ADO.NET code yourself is that you learn the ins and outs at a fairly low level, potentially giving you a better understanding of the details and making it easier to address issues. Using typed DataSets is generally easier and takes less code but it does hide a number of things from you and therefore makes it less likely that you'll learn the details. Either will do the job though. Also, probably most big projects wouldn't use either these days, but would be more likely to use Entity Framework or some other ORM.

Thanks used the link to learn how to add, edit and delete records. Have some more questions but Ill post them in the relevant sections since it deals with another topic.

Back