To run visual studio of different version

gopal2006

Programming Experience
1-3
Hi all

1)Is it possible to have both Visual Studio.NET 2003 & Visual Studio.NET 2005 together in the machine ?
2) Is it possible have .NET Framework 1.1 & 2.0 together in the machine?.

Ram upgrdation required

As you know visual studio.net takes 3 gb if hard disk . I have my RAM size 256 mb on my machine. Should I upgrade my RAM to 512 MB for having both the versions of Visual Studio.NET?

I'd recommend that as a good idea regardless. Have you taken a look at the system requirements of each? I'm assuming that you currently have 2003 and you want to install 2005 as well, yes? If the system requirements of 2005 aren't significantly greater than 2003, and 2003 runs OK on your machine, then 2005 should run OK as well. It would only be an issue if you were trying run the two simultaneously.

gopal2006 said:
As you know visual studio.net takes 3 gb if hard disk . I have my RAM size 256 mb on my machine. Should I upgrade my RAM to 512 MB for having both the versions of Visual Studio.NET?
i personally recamend 1gb ram for running either 2003 or 2005

my system has 2gb ram, also the better the cpu and vid card, the better especially if you're developing on a screen resolution greater than 1024x768 (my screen res is 1600x1200 and i could use a larger res too)

I had got the required information

Thanks to You all i.e. Mr Jmcilhinney & Mr JuggaloBrotha. The answers provided by you people on my queries were very informative and helpful. This basic knolwedge is required for doing any application if I want to have the both versions. Once again thanks.

Back