Threads that have been answered..

vis781

Programming Experience
5-10
I understand that at the moment if a thread has been answered the OP should change the title to resolved and change the icon to a thumbs up(there doesn't seem to a lot of this going on) I was wondering if it's on the list to have a button or something the OP could click that would do this automatically?

I actually prefer that people do not adjust their thread title but instead just reply to the thread that it is resolved. The thread titles are important for search engines and I'd rather not see [Resolved] in every thread title. It also could affect the forum search effectiveness IMHO.

Adding [resolved] - i think it creates visual clutter, so i'd agree with neal, but the thumbs up is a good one

If we could have it such that the only avatar available for a post is the white bit of paper (i dont take much notice of the icons no matter what Icon they have.. its a bit of a useless feature imho) and a tickbox on replying saying "this question is answered", or a button next to submit saying "Submit, and mark question as answered" to change the icon to a thumbs up.

thing is, it means getting dirty in php programming, and i'd say the admin's mainstream insterest is vbn :)

another cool notion would be that, once resolved, a thread will not bubble up to the top of the forum.. that way we can wander off topic discussions, gaining knowledge, but not filling the forum up.

It also stops people dragging up 6 year old threads to say "my uncle had that problem with ADO Recordset once, anyway.. i'm having a problem with painting an icon of a database on screen in my app.."

Back