Not open for further replies.

Happy Fleet

Programming Experience
3-5
Dear admin,

I see this message in my inbox
[h=2]You have received a warning at Visual Basic .NET Forums[/h]
Dear Happy Fleet,

You have received a warning at Visual Basic .NET Forums.

Reason:
-------
Spammed Advertisements

These forums is for discussions about VB.Net development, not for advertisments of applications. Thread deleted.
-------

Original Post:
Kookie 3.0 - (Freeware) - Developed using VB.NET
Hello People,

I have developed this simple application using VB.NET, its called Kookie. Its a simple file managing software with an integrated media player.

Its freeware and I would like to share it here. You can download it here - [*url removed*]

requires .NET(2.0 or above). NO VIRUS*NO HACKS or anything like that. regards - SpOOKy aka Happy Fleet |

Warnings serve as a reminder to you of the forum's rules, which you are expected to understand and follow.

All the best,
Visual Basic .NET Forums

do u think Its advertising?? .. I have developed an application which im sharing with everyone. This is nowhere near advertising. I think this site sucks :tears_of_joy:
Im not even able to send messages?! Please take the pain to clarify all this to me.

You are 'advertising' it's availability, whether your intentions were to or not - seems pretty clear cut to me.

These forums is for discussions about VB.Net development

Seems pretty clear to me too :)

Dear admin,

I see this message in my inbox
[h=2]You have received a warning at Visual Basic .NET Forums[/h]
Dear Happy Fleet,

You have received a warning at Visual Basic .NET Forums.

Reason:
-------
Spammed Advertisements

These forums is for discussions about VB.Net development, not for advertisments of applications. Thread deleted.
-------

Original Post:
Kookie 3.0 - (Freeware) - Developed using VB.NET
Hello People,

I have developed this simple application using VB.NET, its called Kookie. Its a simple file managing software with an integrated media player.

Its freeware and I would like to share it here. You can download it here - [*url removed*]

requires .NET(2.0 or above). NO VIRUS*NO HACKS or anything like that. regards - SpOOKy aka Happy Fleet |

Warnings serve as a reminder to you of the forum's rules, which you are expected to understand and follow.

All the best,
Visual Basic .NET Forums

do u think Its advertising?? .. I have developed an application which im sharing with everyone. This is nowhere near advertising. I think this site sucks :tears_of_joy:
Im not even able to send messages?! Please take the pain to clarify all this to me.
While I'm not the one who handled this, I can explain a couple of things:
You posted an ad to your program in the VB.NET General Discussion forum, which has 2 things going on here, #1 that forum is meant for asking questions related to programming in general, not advertising your own programs made, #2 You posted a link right to your program instead of attaching a zip file to your post with the source code (no compiled/binary files allowed on this forum).

As for the messages, people with 10 or more posts are allowed to send messages and you currently only have 1.

Besides, all he gave you was a warning which is simply a nudge to remind you of the rules.

Well done

#2 You posted a link right to your program instead of attaching a zip file to your post with the source code (no compiled/binary files allowed on this forum).
You mean if I post the full source code without Binaries then it will not be considered as advertisement?

plz kindly tell me what else is considered as 'advertising'. Your "forum rules" has nothing about the term "advertising"

"Terms of service" says this about "advertising"

9.7 Advertise or offer to sell or buy any goods or services for any business purpose, unless such Communication Services specifically allows such messages.

I have no business purpose here.

and plz include these things in your "forum rules" so that people know what to post and what not to post, rather than facing harassment after posting.

Let's get back to coding. I'll handle what's allowed in the forum and not, my moderators know the rules, salute and move on.

I think the reason it was taken the wrong way is because you basically just put a link to a compiled program that nobody had asked for?

Just post the source as requested, or don't worry about it, it's just the rules, don't take it personally.

It's only a warning, not like you were ban or anything :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back