Textbox Background

linusfishing

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hi, how do i have a background image for a textbox?

It seems like it is impossible to have that.

Linus

Someone (probably a guru :D btw, i know him) has posted there as an answer for a question identical to your question ... so, credit goes to him :) i guess he will recognize own answer.

I'd suggest you do a help search using "paint control" (without quotes) to get info on painting your own controls. The TextBox inherits the BackgroundImage property from the Control class, but setting it has no visible effect.

Cheers ;)

Hey, Kulrom's trying to give the credit to some "guru" guy. It was me! :)

To mix some metaphors, "you can lead a man to water but you cannot make him fish". Had you taken my advice a month and a half ago, when you first asked this question, and conducted a help search for "paint control" (without quotes) you would have found that the first match returned was a topic entitled "Rendering a Windows Forms Control". This topic explains the basics of drawing your own controls, which is what you need to do. Here is the MSDN link to the same topic.

Actually, i'm wondering what would be purpose of such textBox? Would you mind if I ask you to explain me about the idea of sucha control. Isn't much easier for an user to type on white background instead some Landscapes. Btw, i would not be able watch sucha Lizard (cameleon) textBox while i'm typing in. It is awful. Have you ever thought about that?

Regards ;)

Back