Tab Keys Stops Working

jlovett

Programming Experience
Beginner
I have a custom app written vb.net, A few of my users from time to time will have their tab key just stop working in the app, there is no error, and nothing seems to be a pattern. Also it is not everyone. The OS is XP SP2 on one and win2000 SP4 on another, I am using framework 1.1 and sql2000 as the db.

The only way to get it back is to reboot. Any ideas?

Thanks
jim

It is hard to beleive that it is sort of VS.NET bug. There must be something that you have made incorectly.
Did you check up the "Tab Order" ???
Edit - > Tab Order and then with the mouse set up the order of the tab respectively ... care to not leave the duplicate tabs on a differnet controls. Maybe this is not the problem but you can't lose anything if you try. Honestly this is 1st time to met issue of this kind. Hmm ... are you maybe using tab control?

I know it seems strange, It is on more that one system, but not all, it is not a tab order issue, the key itself becomes inactive. Even if i give focus to a field and hit tab, nothing happens, the focus remains. I then reboot the machine and voila it is back and working. Couple days go by and the same issue arises. I am so lost on this one, I do not even have a clue on how to trap it.

Is this happening with all the forms or only with the described one? Try to make a new form with only textBox controls and move with Tab key from one frield to another all the time ... if it happens with the new form too then you have something wrong with something else but Visual Studio.
I am waiting for your feedback.

Regards ;)

Back