Tab Controls

Sean Kelly

Programming Experience
10+
Hi All,

Silly question time again.

I have a form which has a treeview down teh left as a menu, a grid to the right and a tabcontrol across the bottom. Now depending on which option is selected from the treeview a relevant grid is made visible in the right side and there is the choice of a few available, this all works fine, however i'd like to do something similar with the tabcontrol at the bottom but seem to be having problems.

Eg

Grid A is displayed on right hand side.
Tabcontrol 1 with tabpages pagea1, pagea2, pagea3 are visible (some tabs with more grids in them.

When the ioption to display grid b is chosen, then
Grid A is hidden and Grid B loaded and made visible
I would then like
TabControl2 to display with pageb1, pageb2 etc to display

Is this possible, I have no difficulty in dragging numerous grids to the form and placing them over each otehr, but when i try to do it with a tabcontrol it fails or tries to load the new control within a tabpage.

Any ideas

You just have to be 'careful' when moving one over the other, you will see the drop mouse pointer if a drag-into operation is perceived, just move a little to the side and position it back again. If you still don't find out how to do it, just set the location equal in properties.

Still couldn't get it to work, probably as I'd docked the original control and filled the section of screen, it was having none of it. I got round it by changing the dock fill to within the code and leaving the tab control as small on the designer.

Thanks for your advice anyway, much appreciated

Back