SUM Issue

dba123

Programming Experience
5-10
[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif]I'm trying to create a Grand Total in my footer for a column in my table. My table has a header, one group, and a footer.[/FONT]
[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif]In my group, the field I want to sum has this formula in it which works fine for the group level but not in the footer:[/FONT]
=((((SUM(Fields!PostedAmount_InHouse.Value) + SUM(Fields!NewPDs_Check.Value) + SUM(Fields!NewCCs_Check.Value)) / Sum(Fields!CurrentPostingDay.Value, "Current_Posting_Day")) * (Sum(Fields!TotalPostingDays.Value, "TotalPostingDays") - Sum(Fields!CurrentPostingDay.Value, "Current_Posting_Day"))) + (SUM(Fields!PostedAmount_InHouse.Value) + SUM(Fields!OldPDs_Check.Value) + SUM(Fields!NewPDs_Check.Value) + SUM(Fields!OldCCs_Check.Value) + SUM(Fields!NewCCs_Check.Value))) * Fields!FeeSchedule.Value / 100
I want to now create a total for that column. When I try pasting in that, it is way overinflated for the result. In the past, I have figured out that i had to tweak the placement of the SUM when working with expressions in the footer...sometimes the same expression in the group could be pasted in teh footer minus the SUMs and it would work.
Right now, this SUM will nto work in the footer. I have tried so many combinations. Coupled with the fact that SSRS 2005 will not allow me to just do a SUM(fieldname from group fieldname) from the footer...I've tried to qualify it but it's out of scope, I'm stuck.

Back