Suggestions wanted for online interactive DB

paulthepaddy

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hi all.

i have an application that creates invoices for a business.

i know their is only going to be 3 ppl using this application, and it will be a small database, so basicly i just need something that will allow the user to interact with an online database. it doesn't have to be a database, it oculd be an excell spreadsheet.

if any1 has any suggestions on how to do this that would be great

Are these three people on the same local network? You could use a spreadsheet, but while one used it, the other two couldn't. If they need to use it simultaneously, you could install an SQL engine on one of the three computers, and have the other two connect as clients. If you want to install the application on a webhost, the webhost will offer some kind of SQL database. I'm not sure what you mean by "interactive database," though. Your users interact with your application, and your application interacts with the database.

hi Robert_SF, no these people arn't on a local network.

my idea was pretty much and SQL server, you hit the nail on the head with the database, i said interactive as it cant just be downloaded from a site it needs to be updated and things added to it where ever it get stored.

im kind of just looking to know does any1 know of free webhosts that do support SQL, asked for suggestions incase their was an easier way :D

ok thank you, havn't looked at it yet as i might be able to have the SQL server on a rubish pc in my house, as its only for 3 clients it dosn't need much bandwidth and the chances of all 3 of them being on at the same time is slim lol, but il take a look if i chose a webhost instead :D thanks

swvps.com sell me an entire server that I can do what the heck i like with for $15 a month - i've installed oracle db, run an asp web site on there, proxies and other custom apps on custom ports. Fully recommended

Back