StreamWriter error

Programming Experience
3-5
hey ya'll, having a little trouble here. I want to save a text file to a mapped network drive (Y) in asp.net. This works fine and dandy in regular vb.net but when I try the same path in asp.net it says
Could not find a part of the path "Y:\WebTExports\FollowUpAlerts\Mailings.txt".
the vb and the asp are running on the same server

VB.NET:
[size=2]objWriter = [/size][size=2][color=#0000ff]New[/color][/size][size=2] IO.StreamWriter([/size][size=2][color=#0000ff]New[/color][/size][size=2] System.IO.FileStream("Y:\WebTExports\FollowUpAlerts\Mailings.txt", IO.FileMode.OpenOrCreate), System.Text.Encoding.ASCII)

[/size]

any help would be appriciated

Use the UNC address. also don't forget to add aspnet user permissions to the folder.

TPM

TPM,
thanks man. Now it's trying to connect, but the permissions don't exist for it (as you predicted). My new question is how would I add permissions for ASPNET on the remote drive? .NET is NOT installed on the machine. Since there is only the users of the remote machine listed in the file permissions. Thanks for your assistance.

Hmm, well if you have .net installed on a domain controller you can change the 'location' to the domain and the aspnet user should be there.

I'll see what I can do. Thanks again for the help.

Any time mate.

If that doesn't work you'll probably have to mess with credentials.

Back