Strange Problem: Columns get 'joined'

Robert_Zenz

Programming Experience
3-5
hello.

I'm using MySQL and MySQL-Front (VB.NET and ODBC-Connector) and have experienced a strange Problem over the last weeks. Every now and then (very rare, but it's there) the columns get 'joined' in some fields.

F.e.:
VB.NET:
Before:
Column1		Column2		Column3
Value		Date		Date

After:
Column1				Column2		Column3
Value";"Date";"Da		<NULL>		<NULL>

This is happening in which I actually write to, and which I only read...and that's the strange thing. I already checked all my queries, but they are correct and working.
I can only guess that it might be data corruption for some reason...maybe caused by starting and stopping Debug-Sessions or similar. Since I saw it on two different servers which are only 'connected' by my programs, I think that the problem lays within my code...but that's not really possible.

Here's some typical example code:
VB.NET:
Dim conn As Odbc.OdbcConnection = New Odbc.OdbcConnection("Driver={MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver};Server=$SERVER;Database=$DATABASE;User=$USER;Password=$PASS;Option=" & 8 + 32 + 2048 + 16384 + 2097152 + 4194304 & "")

Dim temp as Integer = New ODBC.ODBCCommand("UPDATE table SET Column1 = '" & variable & "', column2 = NOW(), column3 = NOW() WHERE $WHERE", conn).ExecuteNonQuery

The same for Scalars and DataReaders. This code is working, but sometimes (as said before) produces the above result. I mean, I don't know what 'causes this, if it is my code, MySQL-Front or something else.

Did anybody see something like this before?

Thansk in advance,
Bobby

Back