Strange Occurance with VB in VS 2008

ScottCli

Programming Experience
5-10
Hi,

I've got a very strange situation going on that I was hoping someone came across this before. I've recently upgraded from VS 2003 to VS 2008. Yeah I know welcome to 2008 finally. Everything appeared to convert nicely. Except one small piece of my application.

I have an OCX that was home brewed that hasn't been changed in about 1 year that was developed in VS 2005 in C#. In the form that references this OCX in VB 2008. When this VB form is launched with this OCX it displays the windows installer that says "Please wait while Windows configures 'my program'". If I click cancel on the windows installer everything launches just fine and the application will work correctly from that point on. If I close the application and relaunch I get the same windows installer displaying at the same position.

After tracing down which line of code this occurs on. I finally found that it occurs at CType(Me.MyObject, System.ComponentModel.ISupportInitialize).EndInit()

This only happens when the application is installed on a machine other then my development machine. Everything works perfectly on my development machine which makes me think this is a dependency issue. I've tried to copy all the common dependencies to the new machine to make this work correctly but with no success. There must be something I'm missing.

Has anyone come across this or have any tips or suggestions for me to try?

I'm running out of ideas besides installing VS 2008 on every machine that my application is going to be installed on. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
-Scott

Back