Question strange info I don't understand

bhealy

Programming Experience
Beginner
vbnet 2003

when debuggin I suddenly have started to get this message after closing the app down.

It appears in the Debug area.

'DefaultDomain': Loaded 'c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\mscorlib.dll', No symbols loaded.
'learning the alphabet': Loaded 'C:\0 08 vb all\0 0 0 0 0 OSCAR LEARNING\learning the alphabet\bin\learning the alphabet.exe', Symbols loaded.
'learning the alphabet.exe': Loaded 'c:\windows\assembly\gac\system.windows.forms\1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089\system.windows.forms.dll', No symbols loaded.
'learning the alphabet.exe': Loaded 'c:\windows\assembly\gac\system\1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089\system.dll', No symbols loaded.
'learning the alphabet.exe': Loaded 'c:\windows\assembly\gac\system.drawing\1.0.5000.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\system.drawing.dll', No symbols loaded.
'learning the alphabet.exe': Loaded 'c:\windows\assembly\gac\microsoft.visualbasic\7.0.5000.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\microsoft.visualbasic.dll', No symbols loaded.
The program '[3516] learning the alphabet.exe' has exited with code 0 (0x0).

My app still degugs and runs OK but I have no idea what to do to get rid of this message/problem

thanks in anticipation

Bill Healy

Why is it a problem? It just looks like some standard debug verbosity to me. Symbols loaded means a pdb file has been found by the debugger for that component, and hence you will be able to singlestep it. No pdb exist for the framework classes (they are release compiled)

Strange message

Thanks,
I have been using vb.net for 5 years, and have never had that message display after debugging before, so I assumed it was more of a warning than it now appears.
I guess being self taught is never a good thing as the teacher never knows much!!!

I am used to messages on debugging pointing out any coding errors....of course these are very rare!!!!!!!! so just assumed these other set of messages was equally important. Is there a way of not having these messages appear?

Again, thanks.

Bill Healy

Er.. Close the Output window? These messages have always appeared in every copy of VS i've ever used. Perhaps you were looking at the immediate window before (which is blank unless you type in it).. i dont know. However, they are supposed to be there and are not errors

Back