StartInfo.Arguments

shawnplr

Programming Experience
Beginner
I can't seem to get this right even though it is probably quite simple. I have

swf.StartInfo.Arguments = "-swf debug.swf -main -header 320:240:12 debug.as"

Which works fine. But when I try to get info from a TextBox

"-swf debug.swf -main -header" & txtWidth.Text & ":" & txtWidth.Text & ":" & txtWidth.Text & "debug.as"

it doesn't work

Solved

I got this to work
"-swf debug.swf -main -header " & txtWidth.Text & ":" & txtHeight.Text & ":" & txtFPS.Text & " debug.as"
I just forgot the white spaces haha.

Last edited:
Really useful to do String.Format here:
VB.NET:
Dim args As String = String.Format("-swf debug.swf -main -header {0}:{1}:{2} debug.as", txtWidth.Text, txtHeight.Text, txtFPS.Text)

TY JohnH

Sorry for improper post. Total newb so even after searching the threads and google did not find my solution due to improper search terms(and even with the correct ones) did not find them. Thank you for the help and pointing out my forum mistake. New to forums too. :eek:

Maybe a dumb question so please bear with me. Obviously I am using MTASC to create a SWF so why make a string then put the string in a StartInfo.Arguments instead of just doing it out right?
This may be in the wrong category (Console Application) but I do not see how it is a answered question "See this thread about how to use forum markup codes for code blocks etc (present the problem/post properly)". If you care to enlighten me please do. But be gentle I am not opposing some one more knowledgeable than myself but, simply inquiring so I don't make the mistake again. Thank you for taking the time to help an ol' fool.
Shawn

Surely you can see how much easier it is to write and read the String.Format instead of string concatenation? There is no way you would have made that "space" error with String.Format.

Surely you can see how much easier it is to write and read the String.Format instead of string concatenation? There is no way you would have made that "space" error with String.Format.

Indeed and thank you. I also see now that part of my ramblings was directed to your signature. Sorry about that I thought it was part of your reply. :eek:

Back