SQL Server Install Problems

Imfromtexas

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hello Im trying to install Microsoft SQL Server Desktop Engine and when i do it says, "A strong SA Password is required for security reasons. Please use SAPWD switch to supply the same. Refer to readme for more details. Setup will now exit. I have read all over and found things that say to use osql -U sa to setup or change the password and my computer doesnt recognize it I just dont know what to do next. I am running windows XP Home Edition. Any help would be much appreciated, I just bought ADO.net step by step and I cant even do the first lesson without this.
THANK YOU FOR ANY HELP

I got this far... but im still stumped

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=872905 has the information needed to get past the SA password problem, you goto the directory of the setup.exe in the cmd prompt, and type in the string listed in the link above. Asside from that i dont know how to access it. if you get any further than me please let me know. Im trying to add a data connection from the server explorer, and i just dont know how to connect to the nwind data base. Any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated thanks

Back