Splash Page problems (again)

Programming Experience
Beginner
Okay, I have a app in which there are two forms, and depending on the conditions, I might have one start up at one time, and another at another time. So, I made a splash page. The problem is that when the splash page goes to open the next form (and close the splash page), both forms close. I used Close(), Me.Close(), and nothing works. I also tried Application.Run(), and then I got an error message saying that it couldn't be run on a single thread, and that I should used Form.ShowDialog(), or Application.RunDialog() instead. But, I set the TopMost attribute to the splash page to True, so I can't really use it as a Dialog. Any help?

P.S. Also, I tried using Me.Hide(), but it hid both forms. It figures.

When I used splash screens, I created a separate Sub Main(), which opens the splash screen as a dialog, form.ShowDialog(), and then opens the main form after as a dialog as well. You have to change the start location of the app to the Sub Main() though.

kingtam2000

Okay, I get what you're saying, but will I have to create a new Class and put Sub Main inside it, or is there a Sub Main that is already created?

Add a file... make it a module file.... add the sub main there. Make sure it's public... then change the project properties to start using Sub Main instead of the form..

-tg

Back