Sound Application

Kpop4life

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hi.

For the past week, I have leisurely been trying to create a program that can mix sounds together in an organized manner. The user will be able to select certain wav files (3 for example), coordinate which beats they should be played on, and then press a button to start the medley.

I've set up the interface so that there is a label indicating a beat number for each beat, placing them consecutavely (ex. 1, 2, 3, ...). Here is a list of directions for the user to make a medley; I've loosely completed steps 1-4:

1. The user decides how many beats he wants in the program by entering a number in a textbox, which determines the amount of labels to be created.

2. The user clicks one of the 3 sound files from a listbox to select the sound, which give him potential to coordinate when the sound should be played.

3. The user clicks one of the labels, which switches a boolean value to true, enabling that particular sound on that beat. Other sounds may be played on the same beat.

4. The enabled beat marks red, and a small box with information about that beat appears (Ex. "BEAT 1: Sound 1 Enabled"). This may also inclued indications of other sounds being enabled, but becomes disabled when the user clicks the label again. The label's color turns black under these conditions:

a.The user clicks the label when it is red, which would be when it is enabled.
b. The user clicks another sound file in the listbox which is not enabled on that particular beat

5. When the user is finished, he can then press a button which activates the medley. The medley runs on a timer, which also enables the user to change the tempo of the piece (not while it is playing, of course).

That's pretty much all I can think of, but I'm sure you had the idea of what I wanted to create before even reading the instructions. It's simple, yes, and I've had some experience with Java before, so the logic in creating this program shouldn't be a difficulty for me. The toughest part for me is getting to know VB, and I hope anyone can suggest certain predefined methods or any of the kind that could help me out. I'll be posting any problems later on.
:)

Best regards,
Ben

Back