Show thread in Task Manager

Evan1993

Programming Experience
1-3
I want my thread to appear in the task manager as another process; like Google chrome does.

Couldn't find anything searching.

Thanks in advanced.

Um, Google Chrome doesn't do that, nor can any app. Threads and processes are two different things. Chrome actually does create multiple processes, not multiple threads within the one process.

Um, Google Chrome doesn't do that, nor can any app. Threads and processes are two different things. Chrome actually does create multiple processes, not multiple threads within the one process.

Ah... :(

So if I want a user to be able to kill a certain part of my program would it easiest to make a "Thread Manger" (or whatever) window were they can kill threads or make multiple processes that share memory?

The reason Chrome is built that way is so that if an application crashes in one tab it won't affect other tabs. Why exactly do you want the user to be able to "kill" parts of your program and what are these parts doing?

The reason Chrome is built that way is so that if an application crashes in one tab it won't affect other tabs. Why exactly do you want the user to be able to "kill" parts of your program and what are these parts doing?

I'm making a game level editor, I wanted the different editors to be able shutdown a certain part of the program if it was crashing, and so you could see how memory and CPU much each part was using.

It probably isn't worth it, I just thought there was an easy way to do it.

Back