Show Powerpoint in VB.Net Form

morphnike

Programming Experience
1-3
Hello guys,

I'm in some trouble.
I have made an application (kinda a slideshow) I can import pictures, video-files, flash-files and these files are shown like a powerpoint presentation. it goes to next picture every ... seconds. if there is a video or a flashfile available for a product, it show the video/flash instead of the picture for that product.
Now, I also want to be able to show a powerpoint-file on my form (instead f.e. a video-file).
is there a control or a way to show an existing powerpoint-file on the hard drive on a vb.net form???
I would really appreciate, if you could help me with this.

Thanks in advance

Dunno how much help this is, but there are free converters out there on google that can convert powerpoint presentation to video, dvx etc maybe then you could integrate that into your app. It's a bit of a long way round but it could work.

The WebBrowser control uses the IE engine and IE can display PowerPoint files by embedding an instance of PowerPoint. This requires PowerPoint to be installed though. It may work if only the free PowerPoint viewer is installed although I don't know that for a fact.

Note that the WebBrowser control is available in .NET 2.0. In previous versions you would have to use the ActiveX Web browser. I don't know which version you're using because you haven't specified. Can you please do so in future. Maybe set your primary platform in your profile then you only have to specify if it's different to that.

Back