Question show application name from taskmanager?

jayawant

Programming Experience
1-3
Hi,
How to remove any applications in taskmanager using vb.net windows application.
In taskmanager application tab application is not remove.but process is remove.

how to show application name from taskmanager using vb.net windows application

hi all,

In my project is also administrator purpose also.I have not found solution about how to remove application from taskmanager using vb.net windows application.In vb.net I have not found properties of application with respect of that issue.But in vb it have properties of app.taskvisible then it is possible in vb.Please help me to avoid that issue.

Imports System.Diagnostics

The there is a method called Process.GetProcesses() returns all the current processes in your computer which returns an array of processes.

Process.GetProcesses()

Dim _proc = Process.GetProcessesByName("<Application Name which you want to kill>")

For i As Integer = 0 To _proc.Count - 1

_proc(i).Kill()

Next i

i have try these code but it removes application & process simaltennously & it destroys the application.this is not my question "My question is that how to remove application name from taskmanager not remove process in it.

Thanks,

jayawant said:
But in vb it have properties of app.taskvisible then it is possible in vb

After some internet research:

There is no way to do this in .NET for a program which is already running. You can hide it from the task bar by using Window.ShowInTaskBar = False, but it will still be visible in the Applications list.
You could create your application as a Windows Service - services are not shown in the Applications list.
You could also write code to run the program in a new process.

Taken from: App.TaskVisible equivalent code for VB.net - Stack Overflow

Actually, you can hide the process from the applications view in Task Manager, simply change the Window.ShowInTaskBar property to false AND change the Form's Text property to blank.

-Josh

Nice, that will hide it from the task bar and the applications section of the task manager. However, it should still show up in the processes in task manager but I am guessing ShowInTaskBar accomplished what you were looking for.

Back