Question shortcut of a website to Visual Studio

acroes

Programming Experience
5-10
Using Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Premium.

I have an website which i open in VS2010.
First i open VS2010, and then I open the website.
I would like to create an shortcut on my desktop to open VS2010 with that website.
I have googled around, but find only links of how to create shortcuts with VS2010 :(

regards,

Create a desktop shortcut to the project solution file (.sln), opening that will open that project in VS.
I'm not sure if your VS Premium differs from the VWD Express I use for web development, but when I create a WebSite project it saves the solution file in a folder in \Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\ and the corresponding source files in a folder in \Documents\Visual Studio 2010\WebSites\.

If you have VS pinned to the Task Bar then you can right-click it to get a jump list of recent projects. Like any jump list, you can pin any item it contains so that it won't be replaced by newer entries. That's pretty much how I open all my recent projects.

Just go to the folder where your website is located. You see the visual studio solution file in that folder. Right click that file and select send > To Desktop (Create Shortcut). That’s it.

Back