Question shortcut of a website to Visual Studio

acroes

Programming Experience
5-10
Using Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Premium.

I have an website which i open in VS2010.
First i open VS2010, and then I open the website.
I would like to create an shortcut on my desktop to open VS2010 with that website.
I have googled around, but find only links of how to create shortcuts with VS2010 :(

regards,

JohnH

VB.NET Forum Moderator
Staff member
Programming Experience
10+
Create a desktop shortcut to the project solution file (.sln), opening that will open that project in VS.
I'm not sure if your VS Premium differs from the VWD Express I use for web development, but when I create a WebSite project it saves the solution file in a folder in \Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\ and the corresponding source files in a folder in \Documents\Visual Studio 2010\WebSites\.

jmcilhinney

VB.NET Forum Moderator
Staff member
Programming Experience
10+
If you have VS pinned to the Task Bar then you can right-click it to get a jump list of recent projects. Like any jump list, you can pin any item it contains so that it won't be replaced by newer entries. That's pretty much how I open all my recent projects.

nayanpatel

Programming Experience
3-5
Just go to the folder where your website is located. You see the visual studio solution file in that folder. Right click that file and select send > To Desktop (Create Shortcut). That’s it.

Top Bottom