Set VS 2017's Task List's (Token List) back to defaults?

BrettNelson

Programming Experience
Beginner
In Visual Studio 2017
I edited existing Task List Tokens via the Tools | Options | Environment | Task List dialog
I deleted the (HACK) and (UnresolvedMergeConflict) Tokens and Added new Tokens.

My question is . . . Is there a way to set the Task List's (Token List) back to defaults? I want to reset the Tokens List because some of my custom Tokens (Tokens I made myself) are no longer in the Options | Environment | Task List dialog. The problematic custom Token does show up in the Task List window but not in the Options | Environment | Task List dialog. My custom Token List, has been corrupted or is messed up and I cannot fix it from the Task List dialog.

The only option I can see are 1 ) reset the list to defaults or 2 ) identify the where the (Task List / Token List) is stored so I can edit that file (if it's in an editable file) and fix my Token List problem. Can anyone help

JohnH

VB.NET Forum Moderator
Staff member
Programming Experience
10+
Try the Tools > Import/Export Settings. Here you can export/import only the Task List Options (under Options/Environment), or you can also reset all settings to default. The export file is a .vssettings plain text xml file that you can edit in for example Notepad.

BrettNelson

Programming Experience
Beginner
Thanks for that idea. I've exported the (Task List Options) only from my PC at work. I will import them into VS where my problem is (at Home) this evening. This looks promising as I can indeed see the Default Task List Tokens in the exported file. Thanks again!

Top Bottom