Set VS 2017's Task List's (Token List) back to defaults?

BrettNelson

Programming Experience
Beginner
In Visual Studio 2017
I edited existing Task List Tokens via the Tools | Options | Environment | Task List dialog
I deleted the (HACK) and (UnresolvedMergeConflict) Tokens and Added new Tokens.

My question is . . . Is there a way to set the Task List's (Token List) back to defaults? I want to reset the Tokens List because some of my custom Tokens (Tokens I made myself) are no longer in the Options | Environment | Task List dialog. The problematic custom Token does show up in the Task List window but not in the Options | Environment | Task List dialog. My custom Token List, has been corrupted or is messed up and I cannot fix it from the Task List dialog.

The only option I can see are 1 ) reset the list to defaults or 2 ) identify the where the (Task List / Token List) is stored so I can edit that file (if it's in an editable file) and fix my Token List problem. Can anyone help

Try the Tools > Import/Export Settings. Here you can export/import only the Task List Options (under Options/Environment), or you can also reset all settings to default. The export file is a .vssettings plain text xml file that you can edit in for example Notepad.

Thanks for that idea. I've exported the (Task List Options) only from my PC at work. I will import them into VS where my problem is (at Home) this evening. This looks promising as I can indeed see the Default Task List Tokens in the exported file. Thanks again!

Back