Security Permissions

taz-uk

Programming Experience
Beginner
I've nearly finshed one of my programs now for work. I have put in on one of the servers at work.

But some of the program works and some of if doesn't, it say that i don't have the security permissons.

I get two messages.

1st when program launchs

Microsoft .Net Secruity Information

This applcalication is running in a partially trusted context. some functionality in the application may be disabled due to security restrictions.

2nd when running some code

the application attempted to perform an opreation not allowed bu the security policy. The opration required the SecurityException. to grant this application the required permission.

Request for the permission of type
System.Security.Permissions.securitypermission, mscorlib
version-1.0.5000.0, culture=neutral,
publickeytoken=b77a5c561934e089 failed

How can i set my program to work on any computer with this error messages coming up?

The program is a network managerment tools that i have created for the network administrators only,

Network Administrators

Not enough information provided, but I can offer some suggestions. Typically the problems you describe are due to server side permissions set up by user groups, either for database usage or network logins. An example would be PowerUsers group and what they are allowed to access. We restrict database files and server access by use of the user groups. Office people are allowed to access different datasets and different folders than Shop workers. A possible solution would be to have network administrators (the real geniuses of a company) login as administrators on the computer in question to allow all permissions to function. Otherwise you would have to have some way to let your program know that an administrator is using it(by password or something) and establish permissions accordingly.

hope that helps...

Hi

Have a look at the .Net Framework Configuration Wizard (through Start/Administrative Tools).

Check the Runtime Security Policy. Look at the Machine policy. Check what permissions are available for the My_Computer_Zone. Normally this gives FullTrust. If it doesn't, then this is what is stopping your program from working.

If this is not the case, then we need to do more troubleshooting.

By the way, is the program installed on the PC you are starting it from? Or is it on another server, and you are trying to open it from your PC?

Cheers

Chris Seary

Back