Saving and creating various data

Biohazard

Programming Experience
5-10
So I have designed a program I call C.O.P.S. (Company Operation Platform Servie) And one of it's key functions I really need help with as I have never done this type of thing before.

What I have laid out:
cops1.png

As you can see there is a listbox that contains the Customer Number
As well as a couple of text boxes for Customer Name, Customer Age, Customer Address, Customer Comments (Rich Text Box) and the call time which is three separate labels (lblsecs, lblmins, lblhours) linked to one timer that ticks every second.

What I need to figure out is how to make it to when the user clicks save customer (the button) it saves all these fields, and when the user clicks the customer ID on the listbox it loads this particular information.

I have uploaded the source code to My Website so you can look at it yourself and either get this working for me or suggest a tutorial or etc.

If you do get this working for me I will give you credits for your work in the about form. Or if you point me in the right direction I will do the same.

Please, I am trying to get this to work for my Wife as she works an at home Job where she needs to track all of her calls and save the information.

Take a look and let me know what to do or solve it for me

Thanks!!!

I get the gist of what this video is saying however, it automatically assumes you have a data set to connect to. How do I create a data set with customername, customeraddress, calltime, customercomments, etc.

I need to be able to add new customers on the fly 100+ and remove them with a remove button.

Any ideas??

Well i got it to load data into textboxes from an Microsoft Access File, now I need to figure out how to save the data in all the Controls (I have the data binded to Textboxes) when the user clicks the save button.

And I also need to add the client ID's from the Access file to a listbox so the user can click on a specific ID and be able to view that clients information.

I also need to be able to have it to Make a new client when the user clicks new client button.

I have uploaded the source code to My Site here

Please check it out so you can get the gist of what I am saying

Any ideas????

Well I have tried:
ListBox1.Items.Add(TblContactsBindingSource.Item(2))
Andthe result is: system.data.datarowview

I am trying to populate the listbox with Column IDs, everything in that column. So that way when the user clicks the clients ID it shows the specs for that user Example Name, Address, and the saved call lenght. What do I do

Also I am still having trouble making it to where the user can click The save user button and it will save all the data. As well as the new user button to make a new user.

Unless you need the listbox for some other reason I would suggest using a datagridview instead. This is will allow you to bind it to a table by setting the datasourceproperty. If you need the listbox you will need to loop through the table and add the items in code i.e. ListBox1.Items.Add

I would also look into using the databinding navigator to help do your adds, deletes, updates and so forth

Hope this helps.

I made a couple modifications so you can see what I am talking about.

Attachments

• Cops.zip
    66 KB · Views: 17
Last edited by a moderator:
Back