Save/retrieve file from DB

rlangi05

Programming Experience
1-3
I want to save a formatted text from a rich text box directly to a OLE Object field (Access database). Can anyone help me with this? How do I directly save the formatted text in a rich text box directly to the OLE Object field in the database and then how do I retrieve it and display it directly to a rich text box without saving it to a file and then displaying it in the RTB.

If anyone can help with some code or a link that would be great.. thanks.

Databindings

OLE Object field (Access database)? I'm not real sure about this term.

Are you talking about a field in a dataset?
Can you bind the RichTextBox's text to the datset's field that you want accessed and displayed?
Perhaps I don't quite understand the function of your problem.

DavidT_Macktool - He means saving to an OLEObject field in MS access rather that to a text or number field.

rlangi05 - I saw a post that mentioned what your talking about on this forum somewhere, though i can't find it right now. I know it was JohnH that was dicussing it with someone so he would be the person to ask. I jave googled for it and info seems sketchy at best though there did seem to be a article of interest on the ExpertsExchange, only problem is you have to pay to see the solution.

Thanks David... It was me in that thread, I was asking the question of what to do if I want to save an rtf into database. He told me of what to do but then I realized I don't know how to do it...

Back