running an exe file from within a program

lovesirius12

Programming Experience
1-3
hi. i have the following code in running the program.

VB.NET:
Dim program As New Process()

program.StartInfo.FileName = "ProgName.exe"
     program.StartInfo.Arguments = " "
     program.Start()

the Progname.exe is a program is a vb.net program too. when i run it, it shows a dialog box with the following message.

VB.NET:
has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

it also has a link to report this error to microsoft.

then i try to change the program to call. it did run, it showed the form. but it also shows a dialog box with the following message:

VB.NET:
unhandled excpetion has occured in your application. If you click continue, the application will ignore this error and attemp to continue. Of you click quit, the application will close immediately.

could not load file or assemply 'Interop.ADODB, Version=2.8.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublickeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

It always shows whatever i do with the program.

please help me. thanks.

thanks. there was no problem with the code. i forgot to check the dependencies of the program being called.

thanks. there was no problem with the code. i forgot to check the dependencies of the program being called.

What dependencies do you mean?¿ I am having a similar problem trying to run an .exe app. It errors out when I try to start the process from within my app, but not by itself.

Back