Rows jump in datagridview when holding arrow down key or arrow up key

seano

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hi all, when i hold the arrow up, arrow down, page up, page down key in the datagrid view, the selected row jumps and doesn't select the next row one by one it jumps a couple depending on how long you hold it down for. Is there anyway to stop this so it selects one row at a time when holding down the any of the keys? maybe a timer? I hope this makes sense,

thanks for your time.

Why was this moved?
You're asking about the DataGridView component, aren't you?
when i hold the arrow up, arrow down, page up, page down key in the datagrid view, the selected row jumps and doesn't select the next row one by one it jumps a couple depending on how long you hold it down for.
If you press the key once then grid will only select the next one row. Holding a key down triggers auto-repeat, in Control Panel you can configure how sensitive keyboard repetition should be for your computer. While you can handle KeyDown event and prevent it from processing a key with e.Handled within a TimeSpan I will strongly suggest that you do not, and instead configure your computer keyboard for your own personal preferences.

If you press the key once then grid will only select the next one row. Holding a key down triggers auto-repeat, in Control Panel you can configure how sensitive keyboard repetition should be for your computer. While you can handle KeyDown event and prevent it from processing a key with e.Handled within a TimeSpan I will strongly suggest that you do not, and instead configure your computer keyboard for your own personal preferences.

Thanks alot mate fixed my problem!

Back