Retrieve Bank account info via IE (silently)

tonyz

Programming Experience
1-3
I am working on making a program that will log into my internet banking site (this will most likely have to be done in IE) grab my current available balance and store this to a string, before I do any research I was wondering if anybody had anything like this already completed.

I also need it to do this silently (as in no open IE windows) no visibility of program running to the user.

If anybody has any suggestions or could point me in direction that would do this most efficiently I would appreciate it. So far I thought that webbrowser control with no visibility would be the best approach but I could be wrong. Thanks

Hello.

You could use a HttpWebRequest to get the sites (since it does support a cookie container). Though, I'd have a look at the login form on the page, to figure out how you can directly login without the need to fill out the form on the page.

Bobby

I have searched the internet over and over I just cant find anything that deals with webbrowser controls, I can find how to click things now but cant find out how to grab the text of an object on the webpage...never knew this would be so challenging.

is this even possible using ie hidden? Take my bank for example. Varification: asking me my password and pin will not display which number(s) i need to enter out of my 20 digit pin in the source.

just wait till you hit a problem like your bank requiring javascript or a certain browser user-agent.. it's a royal nuisance. You might find firebug (firefox addon) or HttpWatch (for IE, not free) useful in watching the traffic. Also consider Fiddler2 web debugging proxy..

is this even possible using ie hidden? Take my bank for example. Varification: asking me my password and pin will not display which number(s) i need to enter out of my 20 digit pin in the source.

with that example probably no...unless you can decode what part it is asking you for. For me not as hard I just enter my username password then capture page html... search for table that contains current balance...im done with all the program except for last part... its actually more difficult to search for string inside a string then i previously thought.

Back