Required Field Validator problem

Sschuster

Programming Experience
3-5
Here's my problem...
I have a RFV control that will validate to make sure a textbox was not left blank. Once the user fills in the field they click Login and it should redirect them to another page. I have a button_Login javascript function that runs when the user clicks the button. Inside of that function I have a response.redirect to the other page. The problem is that when the validator controls are uncommented I never get redirected even though the textbox had a value. If I comment the validators then everything works correctly.

Oh and the javascript is set to run at server.

Any thoughts

really confusing approach ... do you want to perform double checking or i'm getting wrong your question? Look, cleint-side validating is ok but notice that all that validations will come to server again (either validated or not on client-side). If you want to perform only validation whether certain field is empty then perform it on client side only ... not runat server.

Regards ;)

Ok

So what are you suggesting? Should I remove the Runat=Server from the validator control or from the JavaScript?

I'm just confused on why the page works correctly when the validators are commented out but when I uncomment them the page doesn't work (I don't get redirected to the next page when I click the Login button).

Back