Reports after deployment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arg81

Programming Experience
1-3
After deploying my app to computers other than the development PC, none of my reports open.
The setup Wizard for creating a deployment app sees a dependancy on Crystal (something.msm or like that), but I can't get my reports open on other PCs - the form with the Viewer opens, but the viewer stays greyed out. No error messages appear on the screen.

anyone else come across this, or do I manually need to add a dll to the list...?

cheers,
Luke

Have you added Merge module to the setup? If you haven't then back to the setup project and right click project through solution explorer -> add -> merge modules -> select all modules that startsWith "Crystal" (usually located in ProgramFiles-> Common files -> Merge Modules).
Then right click Crystal_Regwiz2003.msm -> properties -> enter license Key (the one you received from businessobject durring registration .... and than rebuild your setup project. btw, why you prefer setup wizard insted common setup?

Regards ;)

Haven't added any merge modules that I know of....I'll try your suggestion.

I use the wizard as I find it easy to use. It's the only way I know how - I've never found any solid help or documentation on the best way to deploy an application!!!! Any hints much appriciated ;)

Cheers,
Luke

qry in key

hii
u suggested to enter license key in license key property
can i know exactly where that key is located
since i dont have MSDN in my system
can i know the other option
its veryyy urgent

kulrom said:
Q: Is that something I'll have to do for every application I create that needs to run Crystal Reports?

A: Yes !

Regards ;)

qry in CR

i got the license key
now "keycodev2.dll" is not found that error is gone
but now when i am trying to run my project in some other system an error is thrown
" CrystalDecisions.crystalreports.Engine.dll Dependencies are not found"
can i know the error pls..
thank u sir

kulrom said:
You don't need MSDN at all for that but rather you'll have to register your CR through this site http://www.businessobjects.com/register/content.asp then an email will be sent to you including KeyNumber as well.

Regards ;)

error in CR

the exact error shown is
"File or Assembly name crystaldecisions.windows.forms or one of its dependencies were not found"
do i need to add more dlls?
thank u

srivalli said:
i got the license key
now "keycodev2.dll" is not found that error is gone
but now when i am trying to run my project in some other system an error is thrown
" CrystalDecisions.crystalreports.Engine.dll Dependencies are not found"
can i know the error pls..
thank u sir

qry in Reports

do we need to have report document just to place our report in a project
i think the report document is used to custamise the report
is it so
or we can use without report document
and let me know the solution for my error
thanks

srivalli said:
the exact error shown is
"File or Assembly name crystaldecisions.windows.forms or one of its dependencies were not found"
do i need to add more dlls?
thank u

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back