Question Remembering Settings?

Haxaro

Programming Experience
1-3
How can i get my program to remember settings?
(Not sure if this is the correct forum)
But,
I have made it so that they click on a register button, if they enter the correct registration code, it will unlock these features. How can i make it so it remembers that the key has been inserted, so when the user next uses the program, they dont have to re enter the key. I think it has something to do with ini files, but im not sure how i can implement it.

Here is the code:

VB.NET:
Private Sub Register_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Register.Click
        If UserID.Text * (KeyID.Text / 2654) > "2234047144494" And UserID.Text * (KeyID.Text / 994) < "213725721516" Then
            MsgBox("The User ID and Key are Correct! Registration is now complete. You now have full access to EVERY feature! Thank-You for registering")
            Base.CalenderToolStripMenuItem.Enabled = True
            Base.ShowTrackBarToolStripMenuItem.Enabled = True
            Base.HideTrackBarToolStripMenuItem.Enabled = True
            Base.WebsiteToolStripMenuItem.Enabled = True
            Base.BookToolStripMenuItem.Enabled = True
            Base.SquareRootCalculatoeToolStripMenuItem.Enabled = True
            Base.FindToolStripMenuItem.Enabled = True
            Base.DetectURLsToolStripMenuItem.Enabled = True
            Base.ReadOnlyToolStripMenuItem.Enabled = True
            Base.AcceptTabToolStripMenuItem.Enabled = True
            Base.FullScreenToolStripMenuItem.Enabled = True
            Base.AlwaysOnTopToolStripMenuItem.Enabled = True
            Base.InsertDateAndTimeToolStripMenuItem.Enabled = True
            Base.Print.Visible = True
        Else
            MsgBox("That User ID and Key Do Not Match."
            UserID.Clear()
            KeyID.Clear()
        End If

Open the Solution Explorer, double-click on My Project and select the Settings tab. Follow the link provided there if you need more information about how settings work.

Your protection is going to be very easy to break.. Infact,I could write an app that would quickly re-enable all the controls on your form and away it would go, all working. If youre serious about protecting your software rather than causing a very minor inconvenience to all but the most newbie crackers, you should employ something stronger. Maybe have a look at microsoft slps - Google Search too, see if there is anything available to replace it

Back