read barcode

magmo

Programming Experience
1-3
Hi

I could use some input on how to proceed in a matter. Here's the situation...

I have a barcode scanner that I should use to read a barcode and then I need to retrieve that barcode data and use it inside my windows form. Can this be done in som way? Any links and suggestion are greatly appreciated since I have no experience in the "read barcode and put it in my windows form" part.

Regards

Hi

I could use some input on how to proceed in a matter. Here's the situation...

I have a barcode scanner that I should use to read a barcode and then I need to retrieve that barcode data and use it inside my windows form. Can this be done in som way? Any links and suggestion are greatly appreciated since I have no experience in the "read barcode and put it in my windows form" part.

Regards

It will automatically read and display it in the textbox..

If the barcode scanner is connected via a keyboard wedge then you don't have to do anything. The data it reads is seen as keyboard input by the system so, as fkmfkm suggests, it will happen automatically. If the barcode is connected via a serial port then you will have to interact with the OPOS driver, or a component that can interact with the OPOS driver for you. In the second case, go here to download a package of OPOS Command Objects for all sorts of OPOS hardware. You'll want to do a bit of reading on UPOS too, to see what spec OPOS is implementing. Go here to get the latest UPOS documentation.

Back