RE: Update your Profiles (Primary Platform)

TechGnome

Programming Experience
10+
RE: Update your Profiles (Primary Platform)

Ok, that's all fine and dandy.... but what about multiple platforms? I understand that it says "Primary".... but I really do both 1.1 and 2.0 development..... I guess I could just mark off 2.0.... meh...

-tg

it depends on which one you use most and feel like you've got the most knowledge for

from what i've seen of your posts on this forum, i would select 2.0 but that's just my opinion

Folks, don't blow a fuse on this. The intent is to simply identify what you are primarily developing in. Therefore, if I came in with a question, such as data related, or asp.net related, the two major overhauls in .NET 2.0, you would know by looking up at my title that I am probably asking a question that relates to VB.NET 2005. It is just to help us who help others figure out what platform they are most likely using.

Sorry... I wasn't trying to blow a fuse... just trying to get my head around it all. I understand the intent, and think it's a great idea. Works the other way too... when replying if some one sees FW2.0 under my name, then they can probably assume that the code will work (or at least *should*) under the FW2.0. I'm not questioning that.... I happen to do development in both at the moment and feel equaly knowledgable in both. However, considering the difference between 2.0 and 1.1, I opted to select 2.0 - I also happen to know that over the next few months that my 2.0 experiences will increase (as we move from VB to FW2.0) .... I was simply asking a question, I didn't expect to have it solved.... just .... ah well..... Sorry I said anything.... I'll go back to my hole now....

-tg

Think of the value of this "Primary Platform" is for the one ASKING a question, NOT the one providing the answer. That's really the purpose. If John Doe is coming in an asking a question, there are times I'm wondering which platform he's using so he gets the correct answer.

I too am developing equally in 1.1 as in 2.0. It's not a measure of my experience, it's again for the one asking the question so we can help them with a better targeted response as to what they may be using.

*POW* Paradigm shift w/o a clutch...... I GET IT NOW!
Makes sense too..... and as such.... FW2.0 would be right for me.... I get it, I get it, I get it.

-tg

Back