publish solutions

securonic

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hi everyone.
i am coming up against a little problem. i have been writing a few .net 4 programs in visual studio 2010 for a little while now. I thought perhaps it was time to make the software into somthing that was a finished product and try to publish it into an exacutable i would be able to load onto other machines ect. i have come to realise that i am unaware on how to do this.... can anyone offer some guidance on how i can go about producing a finished executable file from my code. what do i do to bring it all together?

cheers in advance!

Believe it or not but whenever you run your program, the first thing it does is it compiles it into an executable and then runs it. When deploying it, you'll want to run the program in release mode instead debug mode. To change with mode it's compiling in select 'Configuration Manager' from the Build menu. In the \bin folder in the project you'll see a \release and a \debug for each build type.

yes that seems to work great. the gui loads and things happen when i click buttons. Only thing is, i am referencing a mysql.data.dll in vs2010. when i run the bin/exe on another machine i can't get it to carry out communication with mysql database. are the reference paths stored in code, in which case i will have to replicate the refence paths for those .dll files on the other machine along with the dll's or can i group the mysql.dll in the bin directory with the exe in order for the program to use them?

i since found the clickonce tool to create an installer but couldn't even get the software to run before it crashed after i had installed it??? here was me thinking i was sailing by getting my code running on VS..... lol

Back