Question Propertygrid Events

jackgreat

Programming Experience
1-3
Hi Guys,

I am using Visual Studio 2008 and my primary language is VB.NET.

I am using propertygrid offlate and though I can populate it but when I wrote code in its events like MouseClick or Click or other few, they didnt get executed. Isn't that strange.

Basically all I want is that when a user selects/clicks on a particular row to enter or change a value then that should get auto highlighted/selected (something like Select All) so that he can simply enter another value rather than first erasing the value first then entering a new one.

How can I achieve this?

Help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
JG

If you click the property name instead of the value you can start typing and previous value is replaced.

But an end user or most ppl according to me will click on the property value indending to change it. So in such cases value should get highlighted so that they can type a new one. How can I achieve that ?

I'd simply tell the users how to use the control.

What I'm saying is that the functionality you request already exists with an established HCI for this control, when the users know this they will find using the same control in other applications easier. Another established HCI for this control is how you can click directly where in value you want to insert/append and start typing without worry that the existing value is lost. I would not change the HCI of the control on cost of breaking an existing globally known one.

What I'm saying is that the functionality you request already exists with an established HCI for this control, when the users know this they will find using the same control in other applications easier. Another established HCI for this control is how you can click directly where in value you want to insert/append and start typing without worry that the existing value is lost. I would not change the HCI of the control on cost of breaking an existing globally known one.

What do you mean HCI for this control? I am fine with the facilities the control provides. I just wanted to know that is it possible to write a line or two of code in the click or some event that select text whatever text is present in that grid. Just so that if user clicks in an area where input needs to be entered the existing text get highlighted (thru code). Thats it. I was just surprised that events for Prop grid don;t work. If its not possible then click on left col of grid to enter value would be accepted. :rolleyes:

HCI means Human-computer interaction, a good standarized UI using common controls makes it easier for people to interact with computers.

Back